Quality of Life
The Hague ranks 3rd in the ECA International's 2019 list of top 20 most liveable locations for European expats!
The Hague, a city protected by dunes and 11 kilometres of beach, is a beautiful location and one of the most comfortable and safest cities, where children play in the streets and bike to schools, traffic is well organized while the city center is just a few minutes walk or drive away. The Hague is one of the most accessible city.
People in our city tend to have a good work-life balance, flexible and part-time working hours are quite common here, which lead to a happier and more productive work force. The Hague is an affordable city to live compared to other cosmopolitan cities in Europe.
Healthcare & Insurances
Dutch health insurance is required for all people who live and work in the Netherlands. You have to take out a health insurance policy within 4 months after you register in the Municipal Personal Records Database (BRP).
More information on insuarances
In general, Dutch international schools only have English-language education. Foreign national schools, such as the French, German, Japanese and Korean schools, and the private American and British schools teach their national curricula in their native tongue. The European School curriculum is harmonised and taught in the language of the language section (Dutch, English, French, German and Spanish).
Primary International Schools
- International primary schools in the Netherlands
- A list of international primary schools in The Hague region
Secondary International Schools
- International secondary schools in the Netherlands
- International secondary schools in The Hague region
Special needs education
The Hague region is dense with academic, scientific and high-level education.
- Institute for Social Studies - Erasmus University Rotterdam
- The Hague Campus – Delft University of Technology
- The Hague Campus – Leiden University
- Clingendael Netherlands Institute of International Relations
- The Hague Academy of International Law
- The T.M.C. Asser Institute
- The Hague Academy for Local Governance
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Netherlands School of Public Administration
- InHolland University The Hague
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Royal Conservatoire
- Royal Academy of Art
- ROC Mondriaan
The Hague is a vibrant city, where old architecture meets new stylish residence. You will find green, peaceful neighbourhoods with lots of room for you and your family. Often when buying or renting property in a new country you might have a lot of questions.
These resources will help you to be informed about local real estate market and housing rights in the Netherlands.