While trying to make sense of the COVID-19 crisis situation large and small companies in The Hague are looking for ways to keep their businesses running. This page is created to help you find all relevant resources, services and support initiatives for startups and companies in one centralized way.
This page will be updated by The Hague Business Agency team. If you have an offer or request, use our Contact page and we will be in touch.
Expert Online Advice
THBA will launch a series of free webinars with experienced specialists from several largest consulting firms and our partner organisations on topics of crisis management: cash flow / cost-reduction, labour law, people management, tax and government crisis regulations and more.
Emergency Bridging Measures for Sustained Employment was the 1st interactive webinar in the series of webinars Successful strategies for the COVID-19 crisis, hosted by The Hague Business Agency in collaboration with La Gro Geelkerken lawyers and The Hague International Centre
Partners Online Events
Our partner organizations offer many free online events, which you can attend and ask your most pressing questions directly. This is also a great opportunity to connect with other business owners, founders and startup changemakers going through the same challenges.
Webinars hosted by Indian Embassy in the Netherlands: Indo-Dutch innovation during a crisis
A webinar series to exchange thoughts, celebrate small wins and create cross-border collaboration.
- Webinar #1: Biotech and Medtech, May 07 - Register here.
- Webinar #2: Data & AI, May 26
- Webinar #3: Smart Cities, June 9
For any questions or comments, please contact Aditya Putta @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Webinar - How are sales activities in the meetings industry evolving in time where there is little demand? - hosted by The Hague Convention Bureau
On 📆 7 May 2020 | 🕒 16:00 - 17:00 CET will address:
- sales stages & topics, the current state of play and expectations for the near future;
- concrete examples of trends, where the sales activities are shifting too;
- inventive solutions to implement or to be inspired by.
For any questions or comments, please contact Olga Golubova @ email@example.com
Dutch government package, benefits and measures:
- Compensation towards wages for a period of 3 months up to 90% of the wage bill - Temporary Emergency Bridging Measure for Sustained Employment
- One-time set the compensation of €4,000 - Compensation for Entrepreneurs in Affected Sectors COVID-19
- Government loan guarantees increase to €150 million - Business loan guarantee scheme
- Income tax deferral, corporation tax, payroll tax & VAT. Reduced fines & no interest on tax debts - Call the Tax Authority: +31 (0)800 0543 or +31(0)55 538 53 85.
The Hague municipality package, benefits and measures:
- Deferral of local tax payment on property tax, tourist tax, parking permits. Reduced fines & no interest on tax debts Contact the municipal tax department (Invordering van Belastingzaken) via +31 (0) 70 353 38 20 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Income & business support for self-employed:
- income support for a period of 3 months up to €1,500.
- working capital loan for self-employed up to €10,157 at a reduced interest rate
- See Tijdelijke inkomensondersteuning voor zelfstandig ondernemers (Dutch only).
The Hague municipality benefits - full list here
Additional services available for internationals in The Hague
- The Hague International Centre is only open for internationals with an appointment for municipal registration and closed for walk-ins.
- Questions and/or appointments to be made via email@example.com.
- For our walk-in services such as deregistration, reporting a move and extracts you can use the municipality’s normal procedure on www.denhaag.nl/en
- IND immigration services, issuing residence permits or taking biometrics are suspended; for replacement of residence permits employees should contact the IND directly, they will assess urgent requests on a case-by-case basis: https://ind.nl/en
- The voluntarily counselling of ACCESS will also be only available via +31 (0)85 400 03 38 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official government Corona Virus information. Effect of the Corona Virus on schools, childcare facilities, employees, employers, travellers and public transportation.
- National Institute for Public Health and Environment Corona information